Tuesday, March 31, 2009
2nd to last day
I am sad to say that the weaning is ALMOST over. I have one more day of BFing the little guy and then we are off on our trip! I cannot even begin to calculate the hours that JM and I spent feeding these past almost 11 months and am saddened that it will end, but this gradual reliquishment of the ritual has made it much more bearable. This week I am vacillating between overt and udder joy picturing myself uninterruptedly tearing through the pages of the final Twilight book on the beach with cocktail in hand and terror thinking about all the things to tell Mimi and Grandpa about JM, wondering if he'll miss us and praying that he'll be easy for them. Things have slowly been crossed off the list, including big stuff like the dog, mail, wills and life insurance and today and tomorrow I get to focus on the little stuff, like bills, laundry and packing.
My goals for our trip include the following:
1. Do not get killed by Mexican drug lords.
2. Read 5 fluffy beach novels. Here are my picks:
Breaking Dawn- Stephanie Meyer
Cocktails for Three- Madeleine Wickham (Sophie Kinsella)
Something Borrowed- Emily Giffin
The Last Great Dance on Earth and Mistress of the Sun- Sandra Gulland (2nd and 3rd book in the awesome Josephine B. series- historical fiction)
3. Do not wear clothing with anything other than an elasticized waistband.
4. Do not call home more than once a day.
5. Responsible day drinking. Make it past 10pm each night and SLEEP IN!
6. Speak in Spanish.
7. Eat guacamole once a day.
8. Go dancing and teach Mike to salsa.
9. Wear copious amounts of sunscreen and possibly sun hat. Am no longer 24. Especially avoid burning already wrinkled chest area.
10. Sport bikini 60% of the trip. Yes, watch out Mexico, MBRox will be donning a two piece for the first time post partum. I have become quite self conscious about my arms and stomach post partum, but I figure that since we'll be in another country with total strangers, no better time to get more comfortable with my body image.
11. ENJOY! I hate it when you really look forward to something and when you get in the moment of it, you wind up wishing you were somewhere else. I will relax and savor every moment of this trip!
How can I leave this sweet face? Waaaaah! Yes, we had another bluebonnet photo shoot. This picture captures JM's new thing where he tries to 'feed' you. He thinks it's hilarious to offer you some of his food. He was trying to feed me a bluebonnet. I love that he's so generous. Melts my heart!